Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Aptos/La Selva & Central Fire Protection Districts would like to announce the observance of Fire Prevention Week.
The fire safety theme this year is “Serve Up Fire Safety In The Kitchen”.
Kitchen fire safety tips include:
1. Never leave food cooking unattended.
2. Keep cooking areas clear of clutter.
3. Have a “kid free zone” of at least 3 feet in cooking areas.
4. Never put water on a grease fire – use the appropriate lid, for that pot or pan, to cover and smother the fire.
5. Turn pot and pan handles away from the edge of the stove to prevent spills and burn injuries.
6. Make sure that you have working smoke alarms in your home.
7. Call 911 if you have a kitchen fire – even if you extinguish it yourself.
For more information, visit the Aptos/La Selva and Central Fire District websites at www.centralfpd.com and www.aptosfire.com, or visit any of our social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Nextdoor. Additional Fire Safety info will be shared throughout the week, including a fire safety cookbook (available at https://www.aptosfire.com/DocumentCenter/View/1006/Serve-Up-Fire-Safety-Cookbook-2020) with a fun collection of both recipes and fire safety messages!
For fire safety/prevention questions, contact our Community Risk Reduction staff at 831-685-6698.