Burn Permits

A burn permit issued by Aptos/La Selva Fire Protection District is required for all backyard burning. See Frequently Asked Questions in the sidebar for information regarding backyard burning permits.

Note: Permits must be obtained by the property owner. If the owner is out of the area, a signed letter authorizing a designee may be allowed, at the discretion of the Fire Marshal. Backyard burning that is done without permits or on no-burn days will be subject to fines, where applicable. 

For more information on backyard burn requirements, contact the Community Risk Reduction Division at (831) 685-6698.

Red Bullet - Backyard Burn Permit
Red Bullet - Ag Permit App
Burn Pile Graphics